American Heritage Credit Union, a $3 billion credit union, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Payroll Specialist. This position is responsible for the processing and administrative functions of a multi-company, multi-state, bi-weekly payroll for the Credit Union and Credit Union Servicing Organizations (CUSOs).
- Complete the bi-weekly payroll processing and administrative functions of a multi-company, multi-state, payroll via ADP Workforce Now for American Heritage CU and our Credit Union Servicing Organizations (CUSOs).
- Ensure employee payroll is processed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner by reviewing payroll documentation for accuracy, by making any necessary adjustments and obtaining all necessary approvals.
- Review bi-weekly time sheets utilizing ADP Workforce Now's time and attendance software product for compliance with policy, state, and regulatory requirements.
- Audit and review master file reports and pay data entries, Year to Date (YTD) totals, and file amendments.
- Respond to all department HelpDesk tickets related to performance reviews, name changes, direct deposit updates, address changes, timecard access requests, etc.
- Responsible for scanning all bi-weekly payroll maintenance and all other maintenance related to payroll processing in the current scanning system.
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2's, etc.)
- Prepare and send bi-weekly payroll reconciliation reports & GL interface reports to the appropriate Accounting personnel for all payroll companies.
- Develop ad hoc payroll and operational reporting as needed.
- Research and resolve advanced questions from managers and employees on all payroll related issues as they relate to the processing of payroll information. Questions regarding, but not limited to, time-off accruals, direct deposits, garnishments, employment verifications, retroactive pay calculations and tax questions.
- Perform all administrative duties related to on-boarding and off-boarding procedures by maintaining and ensuring accurate and updated payroll records via the HRIS system, including data related to new hires and terminations. Reserve and protect the privacy and confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Prepare and submit various reports, such as, but not limited to, Quarterly DOL, Monthly DOL, annual EEO-1 Reporting, Annual CUNA and CUES Salary Survey and various departmental reports.
- Must have three years to five years of multi-state & multi-company payroll processing experience including advanced working knowledge of payroll best practices, tax principles, wage, and hour laws (Ex: DOL, FLSA laws)
- Advanced working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and ADP Report Writer systems preferred.
- Bachelor's degree.
- ADP-CPS certification; Certified Payroll Professional (CPP); PHR and/or SHRM-CP certifications preferred not required.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite-MS Excel.
- Exposure to working in a high volume, fast-paced environment required.
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Critical thinking skills needed; enjoys problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality as well as have a high attention to detail, efficiency, accuracy, and accountability.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary commensurate with experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, health benefits, 401(k) with a generous company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible professional and environmentally friendly atmosphere for our employees.
To be considered, correspondence should include a resume listing job history and salary expectations. Please be advised that credit, criminal, employment, drug/alcohol testing and education background checks are conducted on potential candidates. All resumes will be reviewed, but only competitive candidates will be contacted for further conversation.