The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with facility management and participating in multiple Human Resources functions such as employee relations, safety, training, record keeping, EEOC hearings, performance management, policy implementation, communication and employment law compliance.
- Performs all tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to personnel policies; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Responsible for completing and filing unemployment claims and attending unemployment hearings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Attends and participates in all Union grievances and contract negotiations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.