If you are located in the New Hyde Park, NY area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Serve as a Human Resources Client Liaison working externally with Northwell Health leaders and internally with Optum360 staff servicing the Northwell Health account. Our client, Northwell Health is a nonprofit integrated healthcare network that is New York State's largest healthcare provider and private employer, with more than 68,000 employees. Review, administer and be accountable for employee related actions and decisions. Ensure continual communications with Northwell Health leaders to review employee status while interacting with UHG centers of excellence and systems to ensure compliance with all Optum360 processes, procedures and initiatives.
If you are located in the New Hyde Park, NY area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensure Northwell Leaders and Optum employees are updated on and comply with Optum policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Assist and guide Northwell business leaders in a wide variety of Human Resources areas, to include:
- Timekeeping reports
- Partner with HR direct and NW Leadership on complex Employee Relations issues
- Employee Experience (surveys and initiatives)
- Performance Management (including progressive discipline and termination actions)
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Understanding of employment law and healthcare compliance
- Perform Full Cycle Recruitment functions
- IT systems access
- Training and Development (Leadership/HR)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Leave of Absence Management (LOA)
- Be a subject Matter Expert (SME) and proxy for Northwell Health’s business leaders with Optum’s human resource systems
- Ensure Optum Culture initiatives are understood and implemented. Information and update Northwell Leaders and staff as appropriate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with 5+ years of equivalent professional working experience
- 3+ years of experience in a role as an advisor / mentor / leader in any of the areas: Human Resources, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Annual Performance Reviews, Talent Acquisition and Recruitment, New Employee Onboarding, Training & Development, and/or Leave Management
- 3+ years of experience in interpreting and administering Policies & Procedures and dealing with confidential data
- 1+ years of experience presenting information to large groups (up to 50 - 100 people in scheduled meetings, training sessions and town hall environments)
- Intermediate proficiency working with Microsoft Word (create / edit documents), Microsoft Excel (v-look up, pivot tables/create / edit spreadsheets, data entry, etc.), Microsoft PowerPoint (create / edit presentations), and Microsoft Outlook (create / edit professional emails, update calendar, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time locally to New Hyde Park, NY hospitals
- Ability to work Monday - Friday (day shift) anytime within the operating hours of the site. May need to be available some evenings/ weekends for meetings
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Reside within New Hyde Park, NY
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas that provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Reside in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Previous experience working with an HRIS system, such as PeopleSoft
- Previous experience working in a Human Resources role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (including group presentations)
- Demonstrated ability as a successful problem solver
- Proven ability to build and sustain strong working relationships
- Strong customer service skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Human Resources Client Liaison, Long Island, client, growth, risk, quality, network, solutions, revenue, human resources, New York, HRIS, PeopleSoft, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo