The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers. In addition to ensuring there is a fully qualified workforce, this role will perform a variety of employment related functions with the ultimate purpose of enhancing employee engagement, productivity and ensuring employee compliance with applicable laws and company policies. The person in this role must protect the organization by keeping sensitive and personal information confidential. They must also support a wide variety of HR programs, processes and procedures.
- Assist with recruiting efforts by helping to develop job descriptions, placing job ads, screening candidates, participating in interviews, extending offers, and conducting background screens.
- Manage onboarding process to include collecting and processing new hire paperwork, conducting new hire orientation, checking in with hiring managers and new employees to ensure successful onboarding, creating employee badges, etc.
- Coordinate administration of the performance management process to include drafting communications when steps in the process need to be performed. This includes training managers and employees on the process, tracking the timely creation of goals, completion of reviews, etc.
- Participate in ongoing management of human resources management systems. This includes payroll, applicant tracking, and HRIS systems.
- Prepare and maintain company and employee records. This includes partnering with respective managers to process employment transactions (hires, transfers, equity adjustments, promotions, etc.). Must routinely generate reports and metrics to monitor HR trends.
- Participate in compensation administration, including annual compensation (wage and salary) programs; writing and updating job descriptions as necessary; conducting annual salary surveys, etc.
- Assist in the development and administration of reward and recognition systems to ensure they are competitive and equitable to assist in acquisition and retention of high quality employees.
- Oversee benefits administration to include enrolling new employees, participating in the annual open enrollment process, and providing support and guidance to employees throughout the year.
- Drive enhanced employee climate by coordinating employee opinion surveys, assisting with survey results analysis, developing and implementing improvement plans to improve employee climate.
- Coordinate communication processes in order to develop and maintain a cooperative and motivated workforce, including development, execution and maintenance of annual communication plan
- Develop and maintain required governmental reports such as affirmative action program. This entails activities like filing annual EEO-1 report, and maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to governmental and internal record retention requirements.
- Provide leadership and support for company health, safety, and wellness initiatives.
- Provide oversight and leadership for planning and organizing of employee relations activities. (Service awards, holiday events, wellness initiatives, etc.)
- Provide support for training and leadership development initiatives to include organizing training to inform employees/managers on job related activities, policies, best practices, career planning, etc.
- Guide managers on how best to handle employee relations issues by listening and making suggestions to come to resolution, conducting employee relations investigations, assisting with drafting corrective action documentation when necessary, and escalating more complex issues to higher management as needed.
Brooks Instrument (www.brooksinstrument.com), an industry leader in flow and pressure instrumentation for critical applications, is seeking candidates for a Human Resources Business Partner. This position will be based out of our global headquarters in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). The company has manufacturing, sales and service offices located around the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petrochemical, semiconductor, LED, alternative energy, and analytical instruments.
Brooks is a division of ITW (Illinois Tool Works), a fortune 150 company. ITW is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. The company has operations in 56 countries and employs approximately 51,000 employees. These talented employees, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to ITW’s global leadership in innovation. The company is proud of its broad portfolio of nearly 10,000 active patents and is focused on fully leveraging its highly differentiated business model to deliver solid growth with consistent best-in-class margins and return on capital.