The Wilmington Housing Authority, a public, non-profit, federally assisted agency, provides decent, safe and sanitary housing in a businesslike manner with concern for the quality of life for residents. The Authority's clients include low-income families, elderly and disabled individuals.
- $50,000 - $60,000 Salary per year
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employee and Family
- 5% Pension contribution, 100% vested
- 13 Paid Holidays per Year
- And much more
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Department provides support services to all operating departments with regard to Human Resources, employee benefits, labor relations, risk management, and special programs and projects.
The Human Resources Associate is responsible for handling day-to-day human resources administrative activities, assisting employees with concerns often of a confidential nature, recruiting/sourcing, onboarding, assisting the HR Chief with HR tasks and performing various administrative projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
§ Maintains all WHA personnel records and ensures they are complete, accurate and comply with internal procedures.
§ Administers the personnel and benefits program for employees.
§ Administers leave programs to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations as well as WHA policies relating to FMLA/ADA and short-term and long-term disability.
§ Assists employees with concerns often of a confidential nature.
§ Screens applications for open positions, and, if necessary, test applicants to determine which applicants meet the requirements for the position.
§ Prepares interview schedules.
§ Performs background checks on new hires and handles orientations for new employees.
§ Sets up and monitors employment physicals and drug screens; Issues ID cards.
§ Assists in the preparation of job descriptions and posts open positions; Advertises hard-to-fill job vacancies in the newspaper, professional journals, and online.
§ Sets up exit interviews and prepares necessary forms for terminations, explains pension and COBRA benefits.
§ Prepares necessary surveys and reports for various insurance companies and government agencies such as EEO Report, Pension Report, Evaluation Report, Health Insurance Report.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of cooperation and teamwork throughout the organization.
- Continually look for ways to improve our processes and ability to serve our internal customers and residents effectively.
- Improve personal performance on a continual basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration or other related field required.
- 3+ years of Human Resources experience required within a housing agency is preferred.
§ Extensive experience in personnel and benefit administration preferred.
- Expertise with 365 MS Office Suite
- Ability to use HRIS software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- SHRM-CP Preferred