This position plans and administers the activities of the Human Resources Department which includes responsibility for employee recruitment and onboarding, employee compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, employee training and development, and risk management activities, including managing the Workers' Compensation program and Safety Committee. Join a growing, dynamic company with an extensive history in the premium cigar industry today!
The Human Resources Administrator guides and administers the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for the entire company. The major areas administered are:
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Participate in the development and administration of human resources plans, policies, and procedures for all company personnel.
- Ensure employee handbook on policies and procedures is prepared and maintained.
- Maintain department records, reports, and employee directory.
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to monitoring / tracking of trademark activity, corporate credit cards, and notary functions.
Training and Development
- Oversee training and development for all levels of employees.
- Ensure new employee training, onboarding, and management development is implemented effectively.
- Responsible for the recruiting effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and temporary employees.
- Onboard all employees through the HRIS software.
Employee Performance Evaluation
- In collaboration with executive management, implement effective performance assessment designed to measure individual employee performance.
- Administer company policies related to compensation, benefits, employee relations, training, and health and safety programs.
- Participate in safety committee and continually promote a safe and healthy workplace.
- Manage employee engagement programs; Food truck, farm co-op, etc.
- Implement and annually update the compensation program and job descriptions as necessary.
- Conduct annual salary surveys, analyze compensation, and monitor the performance evaluation program. Revise the program as necessary.
- Responsible to manage all unemployment and worker's compensation claims.
- Ensure administration of benefits, annual wellness fair and claims resolution.
- Participate in annual re-evaluation of benefits policies for cost-effectiveness.
Law and Worker's Compensation
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Responsible for compliance with all FMLA rules, regulations, and tracking.
- Minimize exposure to lawsuits.
- Manage Worker's Compensation claims.
Problem and Conflict Resolution
- Resolve employee grievances, provide mediation as a neutral party, and recommend counseling services as needed.
- Investigate employee infractions and recommend disciplinary actions as needed.
- Precisely document employee conflicts, problem resolutions, disciplinary actions, and conclusions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum five (5) years Human Resources experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional credential preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point, as well as any applicable HRIS systems. Paylocity knowledge a plus.
- Exhibit strong analytical ability and interpersonal skills.
- Possess superior judgement and workplace ethics.
- Reflect a professional presence and demeanor.
- Display a strong capacity for leadership, learning, and prioritization.