ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton is a faith inspired non-profit organization, mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about services to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, IT, Finance, Marketing, and Nursing. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs. Catholic Charities is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting with relocation/housing navigation for clients and families.
- Design, implement and monitor individual program plans for clients
- Assess client needs; investigate their eligibility for services and/or funds
- Counsel and aid individuals and families requiring agency assistance
- Maintain client records and completes required documentation according to agency and accreditation standards. This may include, but is not limited to data entry, progress notes, activity reports, budget spreadsheets, time sheets and logs
- Coordinate client activities
- Network with other providers and landlords to generate community resources for participants
- May provide supportive counseling in individual and group settings related to housing/relocation needs
- May transport consumers for appointments with landlords, housing searches, etc.
- Completion of housing needs assessments with all appropriate Safe House residents and nonresidential clients in an effort to connect domestic violence survivors with available housing funds
- Provide crisis intervention, referrals, food and other necessities, and transportation as needed for clients housed in hotels
- Assist clients in researching and locating affordable, safe housing
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of client records, budget spreadsheets and reporting as needed
- Serve as a liaison with the Department of Children and Families Aggregator; keep up documentation of client hotel stays
- Assist with 24-hour hotline coverage
OTHER DUTIES: as assigned