Reports to: Warehouse and Logistics Operations Manager
Job Location: King of Prussia, PA
SUMMARY OF KEY JOB FUNCTION:
Respiratory Delivery Driver is responsible for the delivery of medications and disposable supplies; pick-up of equipment and hazardous waste in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and accrediting body standards; maintain a professional and caring attitude at all times. Delivery expectations include calling all patients to notify them of the expected delivery time. If patient is not at home, leave voice message stating that you are coming with the delivery. If you arrive and no one is home, call the Supervisor to check and see if it is safe to leave delivery, then call patient to let them know whereabouts of delivery. This driver must be able to perform after hours "on call" deliveries.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum Education: High School graduate or equivalent
Licensure/Certification: Clean driving record for 3 years
Minimum Experience: Knowledgeable of healthcare and/or home medical equipment preferred
Good interpersonal skills
Deal effectively with stress and changing priorities
Good sense of direction and ability to read maps
Computer literate & excellent telephone skills
Effective multi-tasking abilities
• Comply with division guidelines regarding payroll record keeping (i.e., timecard punching, vacation requests, sick callouts).
• Arrive at workstation at scheduled start time prepared to work, do not leave workstation until scheduled end time.
• Be polite and courteous to all co-workers, customers and vendors to assure a pleasant work environment.
• Arrive at work in appropriate attire as specified in the administrative or departmental dress code policy.
• Demonstrate a "team" philosophy in daily operations and problem solving methods.
• Be aware of the surrounding physical environment to assure a safe instructed by the company (i.e., FDA, CHAP, DOT, OSHA,
DEA, DEP, etc.)
• Be aware of the surrounding physical environment to assure a safe work environment. Comply with guidelines for corrective
• Arrive at all scheduled meetings on time and prepared.
• Integrate division Mission Statement and Credo into daily activities.
• Participates in mandatory annual in-services and HIPAA training.
• Report any potential HIPAA infringements to the Privacy Officer.
• Incorporates all Departmental and Administrative Policies and Procedures into daily activities.
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of patient care, employee activities and office environment.
• Organizes work process in an efficient manner.
• Prioritizes tasks accurately on a daily basis.
• Incorporates company or departmental changes effectively.
• Accepts other duties as assigned and completes effectively.
• Keep all employee information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
• Keep all patient information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
• Keep all financial information confidential, in accordance with company procedure and HIPAA Regulations.
• Loads all equipment, medications, oxygen and supplies into truck in a timely manner.
• Completes delivery route and returns to warehouse for "Same Days" in a timely manner.
• Correctly and effectively delivers HME, medications, oxygen and supplies.
• Responds to emergency delivery calls as needed on a rotating on-call basis.
• Picks up HME, oxygen tanks and hazardous waste according to Policies and Procedures.
• Ensure that all rental equipment (non-deliveries and pickup) are tagged and returned to proper place.
• Demonstrates off-loading according to Policies and Procedures.
• Field cleans equipment according to Policies and Procedures.
• Uses appropriate protective barriers as necessary and outlined in Policies and Procedures.
• Instructs patients/caregivers in home safety, proper use, cleaning and maintenance of HME, and cleaning and maintenance of
• Completes and returns appropriate documentation according to Policies and Procedures in a timely manner.
• Maintains adequate truck inventory levels of standard emergency stock.
• Vehicle maintained in compliance with all DOT and FDA regulations.
• Performs routine maintenance checks of gas and oil. Notifies supervisor when preventative maintenance is required or
• Maintain additional stocked levels on vehicles for emergency deliveries.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the building and on the truck.
• Completes all paperwork as directed, i.e. CODs, insurance information, signatures, etc.
• Informed supervisor when deliveries cannot be made so that action can be taken.
• Inform customer service of any prospect and problems with the patient/client and equipment.
$17 - $18