Mattiola Services, LLC
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2020-1193
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Mattiola Services is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Highway Saw Cutting Laborer! The Highway Saw Cutting Laborer works on construction projects, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties: (additional responsibilities may be added)
Heavy/Highway Saw Cutting, Sealing and Core Drilling:
- Report to Dispatch on a daily basis to receive work for each day
- Loads/unloads equipment & tools needed for daily operations using checklist provided.
- Owns and provides a personal tool kit for day to day operations.
- In-depth understanding of the operation, and safety requirements, for all equipment used.
- Operation of 35 horsepower to 65 horsepower walk-behind saws safely.
- Operation of air compressors, jackhammers, sandblasters & 2 cycle hand saws
- Operate a seal pot and properly install sealing material safely.
- Operate a core drilling machine and/or dowel drilling machine safely
- Understand and reports diamond blade usage each day and understand diamond blade bonds and performances
- Cleans up slurry as required
- Maintain detailed paperwork for jobs, obtains signatures from customers for work
- Obtain written & signed confirmation of depth from customer prior to bridge saw cutting
- Inspects trucks and equipment before working, and cleans & fuels trucks and equipment
- Communicate with mechanic regarding all truck and equipment problems, repairs, etc.
- Tag damaged equipment & place in proper repair area
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with us. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.