Now interviewing for Spring 2022 season
This non-exempt position operates one or more types of heavy construction equipment such as: Fine Grade Dozer or Excavator operator to perform various tasks (e.g. excavating, laying pipe, moving and grading dirt, etc.). Responsible for safe operation of machines, maintenance, and upkeep of equipment.
- Discusses plans for the day's work with field manager, reviews blueprints if necessary and determines best method of getting assigned work done safely, accurately, and on time.
- Adjusts hand levers and depresses pedals to operate equipment and control attachments such as, blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines.
- Utilizes actual years of experience in operating equipment in developing a feel for various levers and attachments and in developing skills such as fine grading and cutting slopes.
- Operates equipment with priority of making the job safe for all persons working around the equipment. Ensures that other workers stay clear of machine while working in tight places and ensures that there is teamwork between self and other operators working at the project site.
- Make judgments regarding the most efficient operations of equipment and attachments.
- Compliance with Allan Myers Polices including but not limited to.
- Equipment repair / maintenance procedures and Operator Safety Standards
- Safety, Safety, Safety!
- “Home Safe Tonight” and related policies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certification:
- Minimum of 2 years of equipment operating experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) a plus.
- Related work experience required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must possess very good hand, foot and eye coordination to safely operate their equipment.
- Must be able to operate for extended periods of time and to get into awkward positions when cleaning and providing maintenance to the equipment.
- Requires extensive and heavy physical activity and dexterity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Must possess excellent communication (written/verbal) and time management skills.
- Requires specific types of vision: close, color, peripheral.
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.