WithumSmith+Brown, P.C., is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of StrengthSM in today’s modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum’s Healthcare Services Team is comprised of experts that have the depth and breadth of experience to fully understand the many challenges facing healthcare professionals today. The team provides advisory, audit and tax services to healthcare systems and hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician and dental practices as well as senior and assisted living organizations.
This Tax Manager role will work exclusively with Withum’s Healthcare Services team providing tax services to healthcare systems and hospitals in the Northeast markets. You’ll be working with a team of seasoned, well-known CPAs and industry leaders who are focused on the Healthcare industry. In this position, you have an opportunity to work with a strong team focused on the healthcare industry and be provided with a path to Partnership.
Withum’s brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way, promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You’ll Spend Your Time
- Coordination as part of the healthcare services group tax team on the preparation, review and filing of annual tax returns, including Forms 990; 1065; 1120; 1120-S and any applicable foreign filings (e.g. 5471, 926, FinCEN 114);
- Advising companies in the healthcare industry on community benefit for purposes of Form 990 Schedule H reporting, executive compensation, including rebuttable presumption of reasonableness and intermediate sanctions, unrelated business income and IRC Sections 511-514, joint ventures between tax-exempt and taxable entities;
- Collaborating with team members on technical tax issues dealing with employment taxes, IRS and state audit examinations, state sales/use tax and unclaimed property, Form 1023, Application for Tax-Exemption, IRC Section 501(r); applicable to tax-exempt and government hospitals including complex partnership, corporation planning and compliance;
- Contributing to the continued development of staff and the growth of the firm’s healthcare niche practice.
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA license, Master's degree or JD
- At least 4 years of public accounting experience
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills to represent the Firm well to client’s management
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management skills, strong attention to detail, and proven innovative problem solving skills.
- Remote work option if desired.
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.