Healthcare Security Officer
Must be COVID vaccinated/willing to get vaccinated
Willing to get certain immunizations (required)
JOB SUMMARY: Makes periodic tours to secure areas, provide customer service, mitigate behavioral sudden occurrences, deter crimes, and check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises. Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace.
1. Proper handling of routine and emergency incidents detrimental to the security and safety of the facility, patients, staff and employees.
2. Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
3. Patrols assigned site on foot or on/in a vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
4. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
5. Prepares logs or reports as required for post; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
6. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the post.
7. Responds to incidents of disaster, healthcare facility emergency codes, fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous material event, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for post, by the company, or through training or certification.
8. Accurately logs and maintains the Lost and Found department log while adhering to the stated restrictions as they appear in the departmental manual. Assures that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
9. Age-Related Competency: Has demonstrated knowledge of and competence in age-related patient care, as defined and documented in the facility standards.
10. Workplace Safety: Is aware of and works within healthcare facility and departmental safety guidelines, including reporting potential hazards and hazardous behavior. Uses appropriate body mechanics and lifting devices, as needed, for all work assignments.
11. Meets or exceeds annual or bi-annual clinical/employee health screening requirements
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Must be able to move quickly throughout the Healthcare facility and physically restrain people by physically holding the individual down and then be able to also carry or lift the individual with other healthcare facility staff members.
- The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of stress. The ability to push or pull gurneys with patients of various weights on them.
- The duties of this job include possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the ability to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The noise level in the work environment can vary from extreme noise to extreme quiet.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone)
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
Security, military, or law enforcement related experience preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Pass each healthcare competency exam and/or skills lab including a managing or defusing assaultive behavior training program or similar course as described by the client
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Please apply using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.