UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Healthcare Economics Consultant will work within Medicare and Retirement to evaluate clinical programs to inform and provide recommendations to leadership. This position will help evaluate new clinical pilots and programs and analyze how members utilize the healthcare system. The Healthcare Economics Consultant will work primarily on developing, owning, and maintaining clinical program evaluations. A successful Healthcare Economics Consultant will work closely with stakeholders to identify opportunities and risks when engaging in new clinical program pilots.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct cost-benefit analyses on potential new clinical initiatives to model possible impact of these initiatives and assist senior leadership in decision making
- Perform shared savings calculations on value-based care initiatives and work collaboratively with our business partners in finance
- Understand and interpret key drivers of health care trends (i.e. medical cost trends, utilization, etc.)
- Analyze forecasts and trends in a meaningful and easy to understand manner to influence and provide guidance on data driven strategic decisions
- Build solid relationships within the organization including finance, network pricing, product, actuarial/underwriting, clinical, and operations
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of work experience in a healthcare industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills including working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
Based on the Federal mandate full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of Medicare
- Experience working with medical claims data
- Experience with SAS, SQL and/or other coding/statistical programs
- Experience in prioritizing work on multiple complex assignments with ongoing deadlines
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers across multiple departments and business segments
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Analytics, SAS, SQL, Excel, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Medical Cost Trends, Healthcare, Medicare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote