UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Why work for the leading organization in health care to help improve the lives of millions? You'll find that this is no small opportunity on our Medical Economics team. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. You will help heal the health care system as you work with an elite team to solve tough challenges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Interpret and analyze claims, premium, capitation and membership data in support of utilization analyses
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, and financial reports
- Create and update automated processes
- Analyze reporting tools utilized by the internal customer groups
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of utilization and healthcare costs data
- Provides management with statistical findings and conclusions
- Identifies potential areas for medical cost improvements and alternative pricing strategies in collaboration with the
- Regional leadership team, key functional (clinical, network, actuarial and payment integrity) leaders and local Plan leaders
- Provides data in support of actuarial, financial and utilization analyses
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 3+ years of health care experience working with claims data and medical codes
- Proficiency in performing data analytics
- Beginner level proficiency with SQL, SAS and/or other statistical programs
- Intermediate level of proficiency working with MS Excel including formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, etc.
- Healthcare and/or Medicaid experience
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare Economics Consultant, Healthcare Economics, Claims, Claims Data, Medical Codes, Data Analytics, SQL, SAS, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota