STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. STV consistently ranks among the country's top firms in many of the markets we serve. STVs PM/CM Division is a national practice providing a comprehensive compendium of services to a broad and ever expanding client base. Our services encompass program advisory, project management, project controls, owners representative and construction management as agent. Our portfolio within the PM/CM Division includes healthcare, bio life science, public works,research, commercial, industrial, educational, judicial, institutional, transportation and aviation market sectors.
We are seekingHealthcare Assistant Project Managerswith a strong history of recent healthcare experience representing owners on capital programs, facility upgrades, renovations and additions for both new and occupied healthcare facilities. The successful candidate will assume a role in our division managing Capital Program Management/Owners Representative assignments. The successful candidate will represent the owner and owner stakeholder groups and be an integral part of a high preforming team of professionals leading the delivery of projects and or programs for healthcare specific clients in the Philadelphia Metro and Southern New Jersey markets. The Assistant Project Manager will represent the owners interest in managing design professionals and contractors constructing state of the art Healthcare, Pharmaceutical and Bio Life Science facilities. In this role the Assistant Project Manager will work with the team to manage all phases of the project life cycle including but not limited to budgeting, planning, design, bidding, construction, commissioning, move management planning and close out services. Join STV and become part of one of the most dynamic and fast paced market sectors in the construction industry.
Responsibilities include assisting the Project Manager in leading the project team, goal setting, developing policies and procedures to guide the project/program and mentor team members. In addition, the Assistant PM shall carry out duties as assigned by the Project Manager to achieve the successful completion of the project/program.
- Assist the PM in leading cross functional healthcare projects and initiatives with demanding resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Monitor design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are done in accordance with contractual agreements and corporate quality standards.
- Monitors, evaluates and or develops project budgets, cash flow analyses, and cost estimates, as well as reviews purchase orders, change orders, and invoices.
- Forecast, identify and addresses areas of potential liabilities and risks.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains project schedules. Ensures that project objectives are met.
- Maintains client, consultant, contractor, and vendor relationships. Manages conflict resolution.
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential concerns and persuades others, which may include executive leadership, to adopt positions to facilitate the successful conclusion of the project.
- Assist in the evaluation, development , and selection of standards, protocols, policies and procedures to facilitate project success.
- Provides guidance, direction, and instruction to less experienced team members and colleagues.
- Bachelors Degree, in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field required.
- 2-5 years of owner representative/project management experience, specifically in Hospitals, Healthcare Systems, Pharmaceutical, Bio Life Science and related projects.
- Demonstrated history of managing minimum of $10 million in healthcare or related construction types.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and a track record in project management techniques, concepts, principles, and standards. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally to establish credibility on project teams.
- Knowledge and ability to creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Knowledge and ability to supervise people including recruitment, training, performance management, and people development.
- High proficiency with general Microsoft applications, including MS Project and Share Point.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software and applications.
- Ability to forecast project challenges and define solutions to maintain compliance with safety protocols, quality, schedule and budget.