WSFS Bank is seeking a Head of Issues Management. The Head of Issues Management will responsible for creating processes for tracking, escalating, and resolving issues (e.g., deficient practices, violations, or other weaknesses) identified across the Bank. This role is critical to ensure the alignment and consistency across the Bank as part of the enterprise-wide Compliance Management System (CMS). The Head of Issues Management will need to be familiar with issues management, customer remediation, and redress from both a policy and execution/oversight perspectives. The incumbent will review controls, sustainability strategies, and methodologies; evaluating the effectiveness and adequacy of procedures, processes, initiatives, products, and internal controls; identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external examinations and assessments. The Head of Issues Management will need to be familiar with the CFPB compliant platform and processes as well as have the ability to review and interpret compliance laws and regulations.
- Oversee issues management process across the Bank and ensure compliance with relevant issues management and complaints policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Compliance/Regulatory policies
- Development of business requirements to implement business policy change requests resulting from issues
- Develop and maintain issues reporting and trending
- Develop issues sustainability monitoring program
- Understand and execute against the remediation procedure leveraging the GRC platform
- Drive accountability/ownership through the lifecycle of remediation
- Develop engagement model for the issue’s management process
- Develop materials for presentation to senior leadership and executive management
- Maintain proficient knowledge of all applicable banking laws, rules, and regulations
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, audit, regulatory examination, or project management
- 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university is preferred
- Educational experience through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum should apply to the financial industry or regulatory or law enforcement agency
- Professional accreditation such as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), and Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP) is preferred
- Basic knowledge of bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other bank operational policies and procedures
- Basic experience, knowledge, and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train Associate, write reports, correspondence, and procedures, and speak clearly to customers and Associates
- Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets, variables, and situations where only limited standardization exists
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, especially Excel pivot tables and lookup functions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and influence across a range of partners and multiple levels of leadership; ability to recognize the appropriate level of detail for the audience
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.