Responsible for providing the strategic direction for multiple product lines and/or services for major existing or new market segment(s). Designs product, and develops market strategies (i.e. advertising, pricing, expense planning, profit plans, packaging, future products etc.) and goals and assures successful implementation; monitors the achievement of such goals. Formulates and implements policy and procedures. Ensures that application of M&T leadership, values and commitment through direct and indirect managers. May have profit/loss responsibility for the product.
- Sets strategic direction for assigned product lines, and presents business plans to senior management and employees.
- Directly responsible for product pricing, cost structure, as well as product risk. Responsible for all product financials including revenue planning and product profitability.
- Responsible for sales channel strategy. Review new developments in company markets, evaluating and recommending new services, new products or geographies, or the modification of existing services or products. Evaluate new product/services success; implement and manage changes in service or marketing strategy.
- Manage all aspects of new product implementation and existing product modification to include but not limited to the design and development of services, portfolio acquisition and process improvements; act in a liaison capacity with affected departments.
- Establish marketing objectives; work with other bank departments to develop effective programs to sell services/products.
- Ensure product/services are marketable, profitable and comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Maintain an awareness of new trends and developments in marketing and company products and services. Develop and provide ongoing group and individual training for staff in regard to presentation skills, product knowledge and best practices and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of
10 years’ proven marketing, product management, financial, operations and/or project management experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 14 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 10 years’ proven marketing, product management, financial, operations and/or project management experience.
Radnor, Pennsylvania, United States of America