If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Group Director Customer Logistics is primarily responsible for integrated operations management, safety, financial and customer relations of warehouse operations for multiple customers and locations following sector/vertical strategy.
Support the sales process by participating in new business development opportunities and working with current customers to support business changes and introduce new services.
Implement activities supporting assigned strategic objectives for the vertical and acts as the Lean Champion.
Typically manage over $60M in operating revenue for the assigned accounts taking into consideration the complexity of the business. Depending on the customer requirements, additional service offering may include transportation, packaging and/or reverse logistics, etc.
This position is responsible for leading, guiding, training and directing GLMs(I&II), Directors I, and/or DCLs II and works closely with their assigned Finance, Human Resource and Safety partner.
- Support the sales process by participating in business development opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Forecast, plan, manage and ensure locations meet defined financial targets. Ensure mitigation plans are implemented as required.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers at the regional and corporate levels based on operational execution and value creation. Represent Ryder in customer meetings and presentations to drive retention and growth.
- Oversee the deployment of Ryder's Lean Guiding Principles and foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Hire, train, guide and supervise GLMs (I&II), Directors I and DCLs to meet the requirements of the positions within the accounts.
- Monitor and hold operations accountable for maintaining a safety culture that meets or exceeds annual safety targets.
- Manage operations to ensure internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved. Ensure mitigations plans are implemented as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, etc.)
- Ability to create and develop an inclusive and engaged work environment
- Ability to inspire and develop others
- Must be able to interact with executive level management
- Ability to manage multiple accounts with different product direction
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Solid advanced knowledge of distribution management at a strategic level, sales and demonstrated knowledge of Profit & Loss performance required
- Transportation and Carrier Management advanced knowledge strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Lean principles, systems and tools, intermediate level required
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), intermediate level required
- Knowledge of OSHA required; DOT and Hazmat knowledge may be required based on the account(s), intermediate level required
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field, or a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of fifteen(15) years experience in a logistics environment (warehouse, cross dock, transportation) required. required
- Related experience at a Director level or higher with multiple location and/or customer account responsibility required. required
- Must possess demonstrated experience in developing, growing, improving, and implementing integrated logistics solutions and project management skills. required
- Strong P&L experience with forecasting and managing financial targets required. required
- Experience leading teams in a LEAN work environment is highly preferred preferred
- Solid knowledge of distribution management at a strategic level, sales and demonstrated knowledge of Profit &Loss performance required. advanced required
- Transportation and Carrier Management knowledge strongly preferred. advanced preferred
- Knowledge of Lean principles, systems and tools. intermediate required
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS). intermediate required
- Knowledge of OSHA required; DOT and Hazmat knowledge may be required based on the account(s). intermediate required
70% Travel - 30% Remote
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R30572
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.