Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
The Global Medical Director for the FAAH Inhibitor program will be the Medical Affairs leader for this molecule globally. As such, the position will require a deep understanding of the critical role of Medical Affairs as well as relevant clinical experience in the areas of psychiatry and/or neuroscience. The person in this role will be a senior member of Jazz’s Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization, reporting directly to the Global Medical Affairs, Therapy Area Head of Neurosciences. This Global Medical Director will lead and be accountable for the development of the FAAH Inhibitor annual and long range Integrated Global Medical Plan, including a detailed integrated evidence generation plan. He or she will ensure alignment of global strategies and tactics to the Global Molecule Team’s objectives. As such, this individual must embody strong Medical leadership with communication skills, to effectively partner with both global and regional colleagues and counterparts across functions. The person in this role will lead the Medical Core Team for the molecule and be an active member of key cross-functional matrix teams at Jazz (e.g. Global Molecule Team, Development Core Team, and Commercial Development Team). He or she will use their subject matter expertise to support molecule related decisions and provide a holistic overview of the GMA strategy for the molecule. Therefore, this individual must be highly collaborative and able to excel in global, cross-functional matrix team settings.
- Lead and develop the annual and long-range global medical plan for the molecule. Able to harness global insights to develop a holistic plan
- Lead and develop molecule data generation plans to support the Global Molecule Team (GMT) objectives.
- Work closely with GMA Clinical Scientists to develop Medical Affairs led studies including the development of synopses, protocols and plans.
- Oversee the development of the disease and product scientific platform
- Craft product medical communication strategy and work closely with the Medical Communications Team to develop a publication plan
- Work closely with the Medical Communications Team to develop core medical materials (e.g. product and disease training, pivotal studies slide decks) to be disseminated and adapted by the regions
- Engage with Clinical Development Team to ensure important clinical evidence gaps are considered in the development program
- Work with Commercial Development Team to develop plans and materials to ensure a successful product launch
- Serve as the single global voice of Medical Affairs at key matrix teams.
- Considered as a subject matter expert in the specific disease area and the molecule area.
- Maintain strong scientific knowledge of the relevant disease space and the competitive landscape
- Doctorate degree required. MD degree preferred.
- Clinical experience in psychiatric and/or neurological disorders preferred.
- Previous (> 10 years) medical affairs or clinical development experience in psychiatric and/or neurological disorders highly desired.
- Experience as a global medical director preferred.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and collaboration required.
- Experience with successfully working in a matrix organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with designing, planning and executing phase 4 studies desired.
- Experience with building and executing medical affairs disease awareness efforts desired.
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiation and ability to execute a must.
- Ability to travel required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.