Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The CX-8998 Global Medical Director will be the Medical Affairs leader for this molecule globally. As such, the position will require a deep understanding of the critical role of Medical Affairs as well as relevant clinical experience in the areas of neuroscience and/or movement disorders. The CX-8998 Global Medical Director is a senior member of Jazz’s Global Medical Affairs (GMA) organization, reporting directly to the Global Medical Affairs, Therapy Area Head of Neurosciences. The CX-8998 Global Medical Director will lead and be accountable for the development of the CX-8998 annual and long range Integrated Global Medical Plan, including a detailed integrated evidence generation plan. He or she will ensure alignment of global strategies and tactics to the Global Molecule Team’s objectives. As such, this individual must embody strong Medical leadership with communication skills, to effectively partner with both global and regional colleagues and counterparts across functions. The CX-8998 Global Medical Director will lead the Medical Core Team for the molecule and be an active member of key cross-functional matrix teams at Jazz (e.g. Global Molecule Team, Development Core Team, and Commercial Development Team). He or she will use their subject matter expertise to support molecule related decisions and provide a holistic overview of the GMA strategy for the molecule. Therefore, this individual must be highly collaborative and able to excel in global, cross-functional matrix team settings.
- Lead and develop the annual and long-range global medical plan for CX-8998. Able to harness global insights to develop a holistic plan
- Lead and develop molecule data generation plans to support the Global Molecule Team (GMT) objectives.
- Work closely with GMA Clinical Scientists to develop Medical Affairs led studies including the development of synopses, protocols and plans.
- Oversee the development of the disease and product scientific platform
- Craft product medical communication strategy and work closely with the Medical Communications Team to develop a publication plan
- Work closely with the Medical Communications Team to develop core medical materials (e.g. product and disease training, pivotal studies slide decks) to be disseminated and adapted by the regions
- Engage with Clinical Development Team to ensure important clinical evidence gaps are considered in the development program
- Work with Commercial Development Team to develop plans and materials to ensure a successful product launch
- Serve as the single global voice of Medical Affairs at key matrix teams.
- Considered as a subject matter expert in the specific disease area and the molecule area.
- Maintain strong scientific knowledge of the relevant disease space and the competitive landscape
- Doctorate degree required. MD degree preferred.
- Clinical experience in neurosciences and/or movement disorders preferred.
- Previous (> 10 years) medical affairs or clinical development industry experience in neurosciences and or movement disorders highly desired.
- Experience as a global medical director preferred.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and collaboration required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Real World Evidence/Phase 4 studies desired.
- Experience with strategic and tactical planning for pipeline and marketed product preferred.
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiation and ability to execute a must.
- Ability to travel required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.