Judd Builders, a division of the broad-based DePaul Group, started in the late 1950's building custom homes in and around Philadelphia.
Over our 50-year history, Judd Builders has earned the reputation as a skilled and conscientious planner of communities that are sensitive to the contemporary environmental issues of the day, and the concerns of all home buyers in the Philadelphia region.
Currently we are searching for an experienced, dynamic General Manager of Construction to join our team in Flourtown, PA.
The General Manager of Construction will support the organization’s mission to provide superior quality, lasting value, and outstanding customer service through the day-to-day work flow processes that affect Judd Builders. The General Manager of Construction will be responsible for pricing of all homes; ensures all pricing from Trade Partners is properly negotiated and recorded. Ensure purchase orders and budgets are maintained and accurate on all homes. Oversee and negotiate all pricing, recommend vendors and verify and release all contract purchase orders to vendors. All Project Managers and Field Personnel will report to the General Manager of Construction and this position will be responsible for the entire build process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects
- Approve all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets
- Assists estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple programs from start to finish
- Oversees the preparation of daily/ weekly reports on project progress
- Resolves subcontractor disputes
- Management of the Project Managers and Field Supervisors
- Ensures Associates and subcontractors are in compliance with company safety standards
- Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance of each project by the Owner
- Assist Safety/Environmental Director by representing the Company on OSHA inspections