Location: 84 Flood Gate Rd, Bridgeport, NJ 08014
Pay rate: $18/per hr on w2 without benefits
- The position of Field Operator is responsible for supporting the delivery, installation, and operation of Client equipment on Client Service Centre sites and/or customer job sites.
- The Field Operator will maintain a clean and orderly worksite environment to enable safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment throughout the site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Delivery & Yard Maintenance Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with the customer to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform a visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage.
- Obtain the customer’s signature on the appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines. Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Ensure yard and loading areas are clear of debris and trash; accessories and equipment are organized and easy to access.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site.
- Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Installation & Operation Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites.
- Ensures pipeline, pump equipment, and accessories are installed according to specification.
- Operate fusion machine to build HDPE (high-density polyethylene) pipelines on customer site to connect the pumping system.
- Ensure pumping system and pipeline meet operational requirements.
- Understand and react to how weather conditions affect HDPE fusion.
- Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites.
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available.
- Update the sales staff should any materials change or the initial job setup changes. Initiate site introductions with the customer and Outside Sales personnel.
- Establish customer expectations and clarify customer support.
- Establish communication with equipment operators.
- Prepare electronic work orders.
- Understand priming systems, options, remote systems, and A-91 panels Apply proper measurements (center-to-center or face-to-face) to HDPE pipe.
- Calculate angles to ensure proper installation.
- Perform vacuum checks on installed pumping systems.
- Perform proper sequencing to break down pump systems and pipelines to avoid spills and/or contamination to the surrounding work area.
- Properly flush systems. Safely utilize chain saws and other hand tools to properly cut and break down pipelines.
- Understand how and where to cut pipe to avoid spills, damage, and excessive scrapping.
- Thoroughly inspect and evaluate the condition of pipe, hose, and fittings upon dismantling.
- Notify the supervisor or site supervisor if any equipment is damaged.
- Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load out the equipment from the job site.
- Coordinate with Client's Service Center Manager to arrange proper timing of truck arrivals to ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available.
- Participation in clients Watermark volunteer activities