Role Specific Language:
Having energized and friendly front office assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a Front Office Assistant, you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. If you're a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we'd love for you to join our team!
- Assist in opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcome all On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through the registration process.
- Answer multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and complete phone sheets.
- Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
This role is patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- 1+ year(s) of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experience with basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records
- Lift 50 pounds
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Understanding of occupational medicine
- Experience collecting health insurance information and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems, tools, and technologies - such as Microsoft Office, point of sale (POS), electronic medical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems