The CSI Companies is looking for motivated, ambitious Food Service Quality Field Examiner in the Philadelphia, PA area.
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, judgment and analytical abilities to lead quality assurance examinations for various brand assurance programs for a food service client. This is an excellent opportunity for Food Services professionals who are well spoken and who can effectively lead discussions with food service clients on business priorities in a friendly, helpful and professional manner. In this role, the Field Examiner will travel to their assigned client and perform quality assurance examinations within the Atlanta area.
Pay: Depends on experience
Hours: Vary due to client needs
Work You’ll Do:
- Understand the client expectations and conduct the customer experience examinations to meet the unique expectations for their assigned client.
- The Field Examiner must become well-versed in the client’s business and specific requirements, and details of the customer experience program.
- Ability to recite by memory client specific processes, requirements, and product verbiage while in a busy kitchen environment.
- Through rapport building, employee conversations and visual indicators, the Field Examiner must be able to independently uncover and recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement to line level and management personnel on deviations and opportunities within the restaurant’s process, product, and equipment.
- Taste various menu items throughout the day including meats, dairy, produce, gluten-based products, and food cooked in peanut oil, etc.
- Responsible for producing accurate and consistent evaluations that include written reports in English. Entering the results real-time into an iPad.
- Exercise high level of judgment in evaluating the clients’ business operations and service, determining and recommending areas of improvement, and determining how to best communicate findings and recommendations, action planning and root cause analysis.
- Utilize experience in food service industry to serve as a quality consultant for clients. The Field Examiner must interact with restaurant/location management to review assessment data and must recommend strategies and suggestions for improvement.
- Minimum of four years of food service experience and/or hospitality
- Minimum 2 years leadership experience in food and beverage industry, preferably in Operations Manager level or above
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data
- Proficiency with all current Microsoft Office programs and technology, including, but not limited to: iPad / tablet / notebook functionality
- Strong analytic and presentation abilities
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Must be well-spoken, knowledgeable and able to develop and present examination results in a friendly, empathetic and helpful manner
- Must be a skillful and fluid communicator, possessing the flexibility to communicate effectively with each client representative in the style and manner that he or she prefers
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment by using industry knowledge and fully comprehending clients’ business models and needs
- Training/facilitation experience targeted toward different learning styles and audiences
- Must be prepared to travel throughout the region required by the client independently to meet specific arrival times as set by the client.
- ServSafe Managers certification preferred; must be able to obtain to provide services