Fire Protection/Life Safety Engineer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
TLC Engineering Solutions is a dynamic and growing National Engineering firm seeking a qualified and motivated Fire Protection/Life Safety Engineer, to join our Healthcare Operations!
About TLC's Culture and Projects:
Click Here! To learn about TLC Engineering Solutions, the culture and the spectacular projects we are most proud of.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- Competitive Salary and Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending
- 401K with company match
- Flexible schedules
- Ownership Opportunities
- Strategic fire safety planning
- Fire hazard assessment
- Fire protection systems analysis and design
- Fire alarm and emergency communications systems analysis and design
- Smoke control systems analysis and design
- Computer fire modeling
- Building fire safety audits
- Construction field surveys
- Hydraulic modeling and water supply analysis
- Computer fire modeling
- Responsible for evaluation/QC/peer review or design and/or supervision of design for life safety (wall ratings, occupancy and egress, door hardware and access control) systems, specialty HVAC (stair/elevator pressurization, atrium or high rise smoke evacuation) systems and fire protection (fire alarm/fire protection water systems) systems for existing or proposed buildings.
- Coordinate activities of team members and assist in production needs to meet deadlines.
- Function as EOR or Project Engineer for Fire Protection projects, if licensed.
- PE license or ability to obtain reciprocity.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in engineering and code consulting; application-based understanding of the IBC, IFC, National Fire Codes, and Life Safety Code. Design experience in a variety of facility types is a plus.
- B.S. or M.S. in Fire Protection Engineering or B.S. in a related engineering discipline plus specific fire protection/ life safety experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite; HASS; AutoCAD; Revit; FDS/ Smokeview, CONTAM, and single-application calculation routines. Capabilities in all or most of these software packages is important.
TLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to Workforce Diversity EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, age and other classifications covered under federal, state or local laws. TLC participates in E-Verify.