Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (DUBLIN)
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Financial Accountant for our Dublin location. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant from industry or practice. Must have strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills. Must have good written & verbal communication skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail. Must be willing to work on a broad range of tasks including daily routine and administrative functions to complex. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple missionto protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
As a result of the expansion of the Irish finance team, Emergent is looking to recruit a highly motivated Financial Accountant who enjoys developing strong accounting processes and cross functional relationships to join the finance team. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues located in Ireland and in the U.S., which may require some international travel. The Financial Accountant will have a broad range of responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Perform variance and performance analysis
- Validate pharmaceutical sales rebates and chargebacks
- Assist in U.S. pharmaceutical gross to net analysis
- Assist in monthly management accounts preparation
- Prepare submission of financial information to Emergents Group Finance function
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Implement new financial processes and controls
- Prepare components of the statutory financial statements
- Assist in the audit process
- Support the finance team as required to support the business
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business unit
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Qualified accountant, from industry or practice, 1 year PQE
- Strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and modelling skills an advantage
- SAP / One Stream experience an advantage
- Willing to work on a broad range of tasks from routine and administrative to complex
- Citizenship/Permanent Resident or Valid Work Permit.
- Successful Completion of a Criminal Record Check.
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com under the career section to apply today!
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.
Protecting and Enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030 focuses our energy to improve the quality of life for individuals around the world, giving them the opportunity to experience the fullness of life.
Our drive towards this vision informs all of our actionswhether it is our approach to product development, manufacturing, encouraging employee health and wellness or giving back to the communitywe strive every day to achieve this shared goal.
WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
- We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support each other.
- Break through thinking
- We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves to constantly improve.
- Own it always
- Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer them together.