Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Finance Manager - Transportation supports the Transportation team in the procurement of over $350MM of spending for the Meals and Beverage division. The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide detailed, accurate and timely financial analyses regarding transportation costs, provide insight on month-end variance analysis, and drivers of inflation vs. projection, AOP and PY. Support the business with understanding key operational performance and analytical support on transportation RFPs, continuous cost improvement projects, and process and reporting improvement initiatives. Responsibilities include review, analysis, and collaboration with cross functional team members on month end performance analysis, projections as well as annual operating plans. This highly visible role requires that the person provide financial support for a wide range of strategic Transportation initiatives, weekly to monthly performance results, monitoring and reporting directives around transportation requirements. This person will develop, organize, and implement assigned Supply Chain Finance activities designed to support business strategies and as a SME in support of supply chain and corporate functional teams. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively within the supply chain matrix and across multiple geographies or divisions. The candidate will be expected to partner with operations, finance, and plant/brand/sales management.
Business Management and Reporting:
- Lead monthly Transportation review with operations and Finance to share-out transportation results, identify and triage cost drivers
- Develop analyses to support the justification of Meals and Beverage Transportation projects as well as ad hoc analyses supporting day to day operations
- Develop monthly financial projections and annual operating plans, including R & O management, partnering with Logistic and Transportation operational partners
- Work with BI and reporting teams to optimize freight reporting (source and structure) by integrating Transplace data into BI reporting for future state global reporting capabilities
- Weekly Freight report compilation and analysis of drivers and distribution to different stakeholders
Planning and Analysis:
- Monthly cost projection for transportation spends, provide insight into variances vs projection, AOP, and PY
- Ensure accurate monthly financial rollup by reviewing relevant accounting journal entries done by accounting
- Application of transportation strategy and impacts of product movements around network (shuttles, customer shipments, sourcing, out of patterns)
- Monthly report out of performance to Supply Chain and Finance leadership
- Lead discussion on RFP Performance and review results with the Transportation team
- Partner with Procurement for RFP bid
- Provide direction to transportation team on developing and tracking Freight drivers and key operation metrics versus AOP and prior year, including weight optimization, miles/load, etc.
- Provide analytical insight regarding monthly financial results linking operation metrics results to COPS
- Business partnering with the director of M&B Transportation lead
- Partner with transportation managers to identify risks and opportunities and develop action plans to address issues
- Provide strategic insight for future state global supply chain structure and optimizing "how we work" (both operational and financial support)
- Must perform a variety of financial functions including, but not limited to, corporate finance, planning, budgeting, and detailed financial analysis
- Ability to interpret complex data and provide data in a meaningful format to management review
- Strong business acumen and ability to share business knowledge with non-financial individuals
- Must be comfortable dealing with multiple agendas and driving decisions through influencing without authority
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, timeline to action may be tight and require significant cross-functional coordination
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across multiple business functions
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to according to CSC standards and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the CPG industry
- Understanding and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities including prior financial modeling
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface with others across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of SAP and EPM a plus
Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Functional Technical Skills, Communication, Integrity and Trust, Problem Solving, Process Management and ability to work in a team environment.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.