Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process. We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Finance Manager – Procurement supports the Senior Finance Manager – Procurement and the Campbell Global Procurement team in the oversight of a multi-billion-dollar array of direct materials and indirect spending across both the Campbell Meals & Beverages and Snacks divisions. The primary responsibilities of this position are the management of the procurement EPM model used for direct material forecasts and inflation reporting, analysis of purchase price variances (PPV), inflation analysis for both Campbell divisions, and tracking cost savings initiatives. Responsibilities further include review, analysis, and collaboration with cross functional team members on month end performance analysis and insight on variance drivers, analytical support on cost savings projects, monthly accruals for procurement-related rebates and amortizations, and process and reporting improvement initiatives. This role leads the monthly projection process with Procurement buyers, and is instrumental in aiding to develop annual operating plans and strategic plans.
This highly visible role requires that the person provide financial support for a wide range of Procurement initiatives, monthly performance results, and raw material inflation analysis. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively within the supply chain matrix and across multiple geographies or divisions. The candidate will be expected to partner with procurement, finance, and plant/brand teams.
- Manage the Procurement EPM model used for monthly projections and analysis of raw material costs and year-over-year inflation.
- Business facing partner to approximately 40 buyers, assisting them with various detailed financial analyses, providing data-driven insights, and supporting cost savings initiatives.
- Perform monthly variance analysis for PPV and risk and opportunities analysis to deliver value-added financial insights to key stakeholders.
- Lead monthly projection cycles throughout the year with Procurement buyer teams to ensure accurate forecasting of raw material rates for ingredients and packaging.
- Perform monthly accruals for procurement-related rebates and complete amortization schedules
- Assist in the development of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan for Procurement at the material and category level.
- Manage, support, and track cost savings programs for the Meals and Beverage business in regards to direct and indirect material categories.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager – Procurement with various month end close activities, ad hoc requests, and other supply chain projects.
- Aid in preparing materials for Quarterly Business Reviews with each division as well as quarterly reviews with the CFO and other Senior Leadership.
- Work with BI and finance technology teams to drive automation and improvements in PPV and inflation reporting.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to interpret complex data and provide data in a meaningful format to management review.
- Ability to assess and synthesize data from multiple data sources and systems.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn and become proficient with financial and operational tools including SAP, EPM, MicroStrategy, and Blackline.
- Strong business acumen and ability to share business knowledge with non-financial individuals.
- Must be comfortable dealing with multiple agendas and driving decisions through influencing without authority.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities. Timeline to action may be tight and require significant cross-functional coordination.
- Proactively identify continuous improvement opportunities and demonstrate intellectual curiosity.
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to according to Campbell Soup Company standards and best practices.
Background / Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience required, preferably in the CPG industry
- Understanding and experience with budgeting and forecasting processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface with others across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of SAP and EPM a plus, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Power BI experience a plus
Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Functional Technical Skills, Communication, Integrity and Trust, Problem Solving, Process Management and ability to work in a team environment.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.