Company: FedEx Office
Job Title: Field Technology Specialist
Job Requisition Number: RC343681
1033 Easton Rd
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania 19090-2023
Type: Full Time
Work Shift: FXO_Daytime
This position will include coverage in FedEx Office stores across the Philadelphia and Eastern, PA market.
The Field Technology Specialist enables the successful use and function of the technology systems within a designated geographical coverage. The position ensures reliable technical systems through maintenance, troubleshooting and escalation of technical issues; implements new technology systems and upgrades; functions as a point of contact with FedEx Office Support Organization; and supports center operations through training of team members and working with customers.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Facilitate software and hardware replacements and upgrades
- Update and properly maintain all computer hardware
- Coordinate and implement in-center technology program initiatives
- Coordinate with Field Operations and vendors to ensure compliance with corporate standards
- Document infrastructure layouts that include data connection and switch configuration
- Conduct preventative maintenance actions to increase system up time
- Troubleshoot and escalate technical issues to ensure resolution
- Support the testing and deployment of technology systems
- Observe workflow in the centers and coach to improve efficiency
- Present technology topics at Center and District meetings
- Provide customer service, including anticipating customer needs, suggesting alternatives and problem solving
- Act as a resource to troubleshoot customer problems using extensive knowledge of solutions and resources
- Consult with customers regarding the benefits of FedEx Office technology
- Train team members during center visits regarding technology systems, tools, and workflow
- Conduct technical surveys and quarterly Technical Systems Audits to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and PCI compliance
- All other duties as needed or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical areas such as networking, pc maintenance, system administration, telephony, hardware and software installs
- Prior experience working with technology systems, including support of hardware and software platforms
- 1+ years’ experience with digital printing technology preferred
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods as applicable
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].