Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Nurse Practitioner upholds the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, cost-effective, and meets with a high degree of satisfaction; supports fiscal stability of the organization.
Staff is expected to uphold the health center mission by assuring that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and meets with a high degree of quality and satisfaction. In addition, staff must support FPCN's and Drexel University’s Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Health Center’s commitment to the creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all those who have contact with the organization, including children, adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Provides a wide spectrum of primary care services to patients of all ages, from infants to elderly. Care includes, but is not limited to, medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and follow-up.
- Proficient in the management of acute and chronic conditions, both simple and complex.
- Practice is based on accepted evidence based criteria and established clinical practice guidelines.
- Update patient records for accuracy at each patient encounter using appropriate designated forms and documentation requirements.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Documents/dictates key components of patient's progress via daily progress note, transfer, and discharge summary, and or clinic note where applicable. Documentation is timely, meets acute care compliance standards and captures patient acuity.
- Consultation with collaborating physician and other members of the healthcare team when indicated.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care team in making diagnoses of acute and complex chronic conditions and referral of services when applicable.
- Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis and formulates and documents a plan of care to address health care needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines and protocols in an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across the continuum.
- Implements and modifies plan of care where necessary.
- Prescribes diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions when identified.
- Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with interdisciplinary care team.
- Facilitates and communicates with patient, family and staff to promote continuity of care across the continuum of care.
- May perform advanced procedures consistent with privileges and competency validation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree, Concentration: nurse practitioner program.
- Graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Five years prior experience as an RN and/or Nurse Practitioner in designated specialty.
- A minimum of 2 years of outpatient experience preferred
- Current RN and APN licenses from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Current nationally recognized advanced practice certification or in progress.
- Current DEA license.
- Bilingual a plus
- Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Work and function in a culturally competent capacity with persons from a variety of ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Possession of exemplary interpersonal and communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Practice and behaviors reflect fiscal responsibility in appropriate balance with quality patient care.
- Defined productivity standards are proactively worked towards and established goals met.
- Demonstration of good time management skills and follow through.
- Responsible behavior in regards to attendance, punctuality, and schedule coverage.
- Attendance and participation in meetings, mandatory in-services, educational programs, and other activities in order to stay informed and current
- Maintenance of required amount of continuing education credits as defined by specific governing bodies associated with the position (managed care organizations, national certification organizations….).
- Knowledgeable and supportive of policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with practice setting.
- Understanding of psychosocial impacts of health outcomes in underserved communities
- Exhibits cultural competency and sensitivity
Typically standing, walking
Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
Stephen and Sandra Sheller, 11th Street Health Center
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of N. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please apply online at http://careers.drexel.edu/cw/en-us/job/497572
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applications will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.