At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our employees share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Boeing Commercial Airplane is seeking Experienced Manufacturing Engineers to join our Fabrication operations team located in North Charleston, South Carolina (Building 88-30-Airport Campus). This role will involve working collaboratively with the internal Boeing South Carolina customer to support fabrication and/or assembly plans for emergent issue resolution. The selected candidate will be looked at for leadership and technical direction in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, and emergent environment.
On-site support is required (limited virtual work) in addition to rotating weekend support. This is a support function role and, as such, requires a helpful approach and a willingness to team cross-functionally to continuously improve the manufacturing process and our products. (Must be willing to work 2nd shift)
- Supports the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Participates as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to support the integration of technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Supports the development, identification and implementation of conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Participates in the implementation of manufacturing plans. Investigates technical problems.
- Participates in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies. Interfaces with IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Advocate for implementing the One Boeing Production System (BPS) initiative.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree required from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and technical data
- Ability to work weekends on a rotating schedule.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with fabrication and post processing of hard metals (ie: Titanium, Sheet Hour
- Working knowledge of DCAC (PDM & CAPP), Velocity, and/or other planning computing systems.
Proficient in GD&T
- Proven leadership ability in a technical team role and in cross-functional environments.
- Knowledge of Hard Metal Fabrication and Post Processing.
- Knowledge of Assembly.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.