ESIS recognizes each risk management program is unique, and we are committed to providing consultative and innovative solutions to drive superior results for your program. Our culture and vison enables us to effectively operate as an extension of your risk management program, aligning combined goals to forma a collaborative partnership.
We recognize our clients’ desire to do things differently, and we are confident that our integrated approach will deliver better overall results for your program. ESIS’ specialized claim intervention strategy integrates an effective deployment of resources and appropriate actions, which are essential to your program’s success
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) provides sophisticated risk management services designed to reduce claims frequency and loss costs. ESIS, the Risk Management Services Company of Chubb, provides claims, risk control & loss information systems to Fortune 1000 accounts. ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
ESIS is seeking an experienced Auto, General & Liability (AGL) Claims representative for the Wilmington, DE office. The person in this role will handle and maintain all AGL claims and file reviews under general supervision of a supervisor and as part of the ESIS team.
Under the direction of the Claims Team Leader investigates and settles claims promptly, equitably and within established best practices guidelines.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under limited supervision, Receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on line of business may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arranges for such appraisal.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extend of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserve changes to Team Leader.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Team Leader and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Team Leader unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Team Leader in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company drafts in payments for claims.
- Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
- High level of technical claims knowledge and competence as evidenced by a minimum of 5 years claims handling experience in specific line of business (Auto & General Liability). Experience within a TPA environment strongly preferred. DE, PA, NY licenses preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of ESIS products, services, and coverages; along with a good understanding of applicable legal principles.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement general business and personnel management practices as evidenced by successful completion of management and technical programs, completion of college level curriculum or equivalent related practical work experience.
- Knowledge of auto liability cost containment programs and proven account management skills a must.
- Ability to lead change by addressing points of resistance at the team and/or individual level. The ability to independently evaluate and implement claims management Best practices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of team building theory and the techniques of continuous quality improvement and how they apply to ongoing activities.
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to coach, develop and lead team members towards successful attainment of goals and objectives
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of an organization both internal and external.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent superior service to customers.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://chubb.com/careers
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.