We are looking for an Environmental Scientist or Engineer with up to 2 years of experience in the field. Working collaboratively with and under the supervision of a senior scientist, senior engineer or project manager, you will provide support for environmental investigation and remediation projects for our federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients. You will be responsible for completion of task level work for both field-based work and office-based work (which during these pandemic times, is typically home-based work). Gain valuable experience while contributing to challenging projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Multi-media environmental and ecological sampling at field sites; health and safety air monitoring; lithologic description of soils from soil borings and well installations; remediation system operation and maintenance; supervision /coordination of subcontractors used for drilling, land surveying, geophysical logging, subsurface utility mark-outs, hazardous waste disposal, and remedial actions such as excavations and in-situ injections.
• Typical office duties include field work planning and preparation; coordinating sampling activities with analytical laboratories, project teams, and homeowners; data entry and management; facilitating the delivery of bottled water to homeowners; and the preparation of deliverables.
• Responsibilities could include managing subcontracts, monitoring project cost and schedule; and supervising more junior personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS
• BA or BS degree in an environmental science (e.g., biology, geology, chemistry, physical science) or environmental engineering is preferred, but not mandatory.
• 40-Hour HAZWOPER OSHA training is preferred, but not mandatory
• Experience with environmental projects is preferred, particularly field experience with multi-media environmental sampling.
- Field experience should include work at hazardous waste sites. Federal, PADEP and/or NJDEP environmental remediation experience is a plus.
- The candidate must live in the greater Philadelphia, PA metropolitan area at the time of application.
• Must have current driver’s license and be able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 112 EGS