Are you ready to make an impact?
Are you passionate about innovation, solution based outcomes and a variety of projects?
Are you interested in establishing your career in a world-class professional services company?
Our Environmental business is growing! Because of this increase in workload, we have a number of entry-level Environmental Engineer, Scientist and Geologist opportunities available throughout the region. We are flexible on office location based in one of our Northeast regional offices.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to begin to develop your professional skills by learning from the senior-level staff within our Waste Management and Contamination Assessment & Remediation service lines.
This role will allow you the opportunity to work on the following:
- Field work could include: sampling of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, soil gas & indoor air, aquifer testing, closure of underground storage tanks, oversight of remedial actions, and oversight of geophysical testing
- Office work could include: compilation, review & interpretation of sampling data, preparation of sections of reports & proposal, subcontractor coordination, summarizing data in tables and figures, etc.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology/Hydrogeology or related field
- 0-3 years of experience in contaminated site assessment and remediation projects
- Ability to travel and perform field work
- Experience with modelling and statistical software a plus
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER is also a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
If you are passionate about pursuing an entry-level opportunity within our Environmental business, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.