Engineer/Sr Staff Technician – Battery Technology and Material
CorTech is looking to hire a Engineer/Sr Staff Technician – Battery Technology and Material in King of Prussia, PA
The person in this position will support new formulation developments, cell assembly, and testing at Arkema. He/she will be responsible for preparing solvent-free formulations using high nickel active materials, binders, conductive carbons, and additives; casting and characterizing electrodes to achieve performance targets; building and testing cells, and helping with post-mortem analyses for identifying failure mechanisms. The person will be planning and safely conducting formulation and laboratory testing, setting up new equipment, performing data analysis, maintaining a well-organized research notebook, and contributing to reports for internal distribution.
1. Set up and prepare formulations, cast electrodes, and conduct testing in a safe manner consistent with SOP. 25%
2. Perform electrode characterization, data analysis and prepare reports in support of R&D activities. Help to identify product improvement opportunities for Battery Technology and Material. 25%
3. With Scientist supervision, plan and execute experimental programs. Prepare work plan, LHA, SOP, MOC, and support all Safety related activities. Submit samples for analytical testing and managing to get timely response. Summarize results for reports and file documents in appropriate databases. Arrange and coordinate outside commercial testing as needed for capabilities not available within Arkema. 25%
4. Perform a range of general support tasks including shipping of products or samples, preparing display boards for presentations, and purchasing of materials, supplies and unit modification. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and manage storage of materials and samples. 25%
1. Bachelor’s degree with applicable experience in a lab technical environment or High School Diploma with 5+ years of applicable experience in a lab technical environment
2. Experience with aqueous formulations is a plus
3. Strong analytical/laboratory and mechanical skills, precision, attention to detail, and record keeping.
4. Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
5. Proficient with computer software applications and data analysis (word, excel, etc.).
6. Excellent organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, independent problem solver.