Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for an ELISA Scientist in West Point, PA.
ELISA Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
- The development and performing of assays to support biopharmaceutical testing
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Document work clearly following Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and perform tests accurately
- Perform tasks in a repeatable and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with team members and client staff
- Order and maintain laboratory space, inventory, and supplies
- Work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Prepare and pipet small volume solutions
The ideal candidate would possess :
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience including molecular biology techniques and small volume pipetting
- General knowledge of virology, molecular biology and aseptic techniques.
- Experience in Experimental design, validation, and assay transfers
- Experience in ELISA is required
- Experience with automation is required
- Ability to use Excel and working knowledge and understanding of statistical data analysis is required
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Experience writing scientific procedures and documents
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field is required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- 2-5 Years of pharmaceutical industry experience supporting ELISA assays
Position is full-time Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.