Our client is looking for a talented Senior Electrical Engineer to join their industry leading Electrical Engineering team located in Blue Bell, PA
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of the construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and act as resource for design questions.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Creates specialized drawings such as electrical riser diagrams.
- Provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum 8 years' previous design experience. Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Nutraceutical or Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered Professional Engineer is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.)
- Experience with design of building electrical systems, such as: building service, power distribution, generators, lighting, fire alarm, security and other low voltage systems is a must.
- Must also have a strong understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, IBC and other related building codes and standards.
- Experience with medium voltage systems, electrical hazardous classified areas, and telecommunications systems is a plus.
JSG is a leading staffing agency specializing in a variety of industries. Having been named to three Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) lists for the third year in a row, JSG continues to grow and offer hiring solutions to companies across the United States. JSG serves both busy recruiters and qualified candidates within multiple industries from our major offices headquartered in Chicago and Atlanta with local offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Please email resume to Allen Mudalel [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]