The school principal oversees all aspects of the school’s operation to meet the institution’s goal of educating children. School principals are responsible for supervising teachers for the day-to-day operations of the assigned school. Serves as a member of Administrative team for education. Serves as a member of the Superintendent’s Cabinet for the schools. Provides daily supervision to all educational staff and exhibits high enthusiasm on the job.
- Reports directly to the Superintendent of Schools and are responsible for the day-to-day activities within the current laws of the State of Pennsylvania for the overall education program.
- Maintains contact with local districts and child study team members on a regular basis.
- Responsible for all grant/proposal writing for school programs.
- Maintains regular contact with parents/guardians of students.
- Responsible for the gathering, submission, and accuracy of all records, data collection, etc., pertaining to student enrollment information.
- Prepares, when directed, all appropriate reports, etc., for review and approval by the Superintendent of Schools in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for the discipline of assigned staff students.
- Works in concert with the Maintenance Department to insure a safe/attractive building.
- Evaluates school staff and makes appropriate recommendations for continued employment through the Superintendent of Schools.
- Plans/reviews an appropriate school curriculum for annual approval by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Accepts all special assignments given by the Superintendent of Schools in a cooperative manner.
- Works in conjunction with other school personnel to ensure proper delivery of related services for assigned school.
- Coordinates the duties of workers inside the school to ensure all operations flow seamlessly
- Continuously monitor staff for use of best practice
- Oversees evaluation of student progress to determine whether an educational plan is being effective.
- Develop programs that improve teacher performance and assist students in retention of materials
- Direct implementation of staff development and in-service training.
- Direct the implementation of school initiatives as requested
- Establish and organize new and innovative programs.
- Assist in interviewing, select, direct, evaluate and supervise certificated and classified personnel; assign faculty and staff as appropriate to meet school objectives
- Responsible for any miscellaneous duties as assigned.