REGULATORY CHANGE MANAGEMENT MANAGER
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, Freedom Mortgage is a full-service mortgage company that provides mortgage loans through retail, wholesale, and correspondent channels. One of the nation’s largest loan originators and servicers, the company is licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Freedom Mortgage is the #1 VA and #1 FHA (government insured) lender in the U.S. (Inside Mortgage Finance, 2020) and one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO of Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. The company is also renowned for its vibrant work environment where its team members can thrive. The company’s mission is to foster homeownership for all customers across America.
(This postion can be 100% remote)
As a Regulatory Change Management Director and a member of Regulatory Compliance, you will work closely with other members within Legal, Compliance, and lines of business. Your primary responsibilities will be to support the development and implementation of an enhanced regulatory change management process to mitigate Freedom’s risk from new or changed legal and regulatory requirements, or from other regulatory risks identified through internal processes.
The Regulatory Change Management Director will help coordinate reviews of new and changed legal, regulatory, or internal requirements to support Freedom’s second line of defense, maintaining an effective policy and procedure framework to mitigate compliance risk, and assist in supporting Freedom’s business lines in establishing updated procedures or controls to remain in compliance with applicable requirements.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting process design and implementation of an enhanced regulatory change management process across Freedom’s three lines of defense to maintain an effective compliance risk management program
- Coordinating review of legal, regulatory, and internal changes to support the regulatory change management process
- Conduct analyses to determine a change’s potential complexity and stakeholder impact
- Facilitate cross functional team discussions in the detailed impact analysis and action plan creation through activities that promote stakeholder engagement, mitigate resistance, and accelerate change adoption
- Maintaining databases and records to demonstrate an effective process to identify key requirements and completion of enhancement requirements
- Assist with tracking, communications, and reporting on change implementation status to cross divisional teams and management
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-6 years of regulatory compliance experience with 2+ years related to designing and effecting change
- Experiencing with mortgage origination regulatory requirements, at the State and Federal level, across various channels such as retail, correspondent, and wholesale
- Proven ability to analyze current state programs and develop a future state visions along with plans to execute on that vision
- Strong demonstrated oral and written communication skills, able to prepare and deliver project specific vision, change requirements, and reports
- Experience using Microsoft applications including Excel, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience with a Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool preferred
- Ability to facilitate both virtual and in-person (if needed) meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Regulatory or CRCM certification/designation preferred
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans