The Director of Professional Education and Training assist the Southern New Jersey Perinatal Cooperative (SNJPC) in meeting its regulatory requirements regarding professional education activities. Incorporates regional data in determining professional education programs. Leads nursing credit unit, responsible for overseeing the requirements of the New Jersey State Nursing Association (NJSNA) providership status is met.
- Consults with each member institution regarding perinatal educational needs on ongoing basis.
- Consults with program staff on best practices in public health education. Provides leadership to agency health educators meeting and identifies opportunities for development and dissemination of health education for programs and staff.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates in-service educational programs for member institutions.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates production of durable educational products.
- Support Nursing Management Task Force, and provide linkage for other board and organizational committees. Assists with agenda and lectures, coordinates projects as appropriate.
- Assists in grants writing and program design when appropriate.
- Plans, supervises and evaluates the ongoing experience of nursing students as requested.
- Membership and active participation in professional associations, legislative committees, and other health care networks.
- Assists with collection, tracing, and follow-up related to perinatal data collected throughout the region.
- Leads efforts to identify and pursue funding opportunities for perinatal and pediatric education initiatives.
- Represents the Cooperative at meetings and conferences when appropriate.
- Assesses staff needs and provides support, consultation and training for Cooperative and FHI staff on prenatal, perinatal, postpartum and pediatric issues.
- Collaborates with MCHCs and other cosponsoring agencies to develop statewide educational programs.
- Primary staff support to Education Committee, assists with meeting agenda and logistics, membership development, execution/evaluation of committee projects, liaison with other board committees to identify opportunities for joint projects.