Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible creating external awareness, strategizing marketing content and executing product marketing initiatives to help drive growth and market leadership recognition for Optum’s revenue cycle technology and services. Responsibilities include creating value proposition messaging, thought leadership narratives, developing marketing content, supporting growth teams with high-impact sales tools, content, and working with corporate communications for earned media opportunities and creating programs that place Optum SMEs in speaking opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the definition and communication of product value proposition, and support development of consulting services positioning and messaging for market differentiation
- Build and help launch thought leadership narratives with corporate communications
- Place Optum SMEs in earned and sponsored speaking opportunities that support Optum’s market position narratives
- Build a product marketing plan and create marketing content and sales tools that articulate and demonstrate value to both prospects and existing clients (including thought leadership, sales presentations, RFP content, case studies)
- Research and quantify market opportunities for sales growth
- Assess competitive intelligence to aid strategic decision making and development of key messaging/ positioning
- Identify points of differentiation for best positioning services and adjust marketing content based on market trends and changes
- Execute launch plans for new consulting services
- Collaborate with integrated marketing teams to identify demand generation and market awareness opportunities
- Provide product training as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of Product Marketing experience (preferably provider market segment)
- Marketing experience in healthcare technology and services
- Experience assessing competitive intelligence to aid strategic decision making and development of key messaging/ positioning
- Thought leadership or journalism writing experience
- Experience developing sophisticated thought leadership content
- Experience in managing complex go-to-market projects
- Experience executing launch plans
- Experience creating product collateral and sales tools
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Revenue cycle experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Product Marketing Director, Manager, revenue cycle, Healthcare, consulting, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote