The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute , we provide an environment that’s as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you’ll find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Director of Information Technology leads the development and execution of TFI’s information technology strategy, addressing the critical areas of people, process, information, and technology. The Director of Information Technology will be instrumental in aligning the Institutes business of today while directing for the business of tomorrow to support visitor experience, CRM, Business Intelligence, revenue enhancements, and enterprise applications for The Franklin Institute.
The Director of IT will establish the technical direction of data platforms, IT enterprise architecture, provide operational leadership and proactively ensures the reliable operation of the overall IT back-office and visitor-facing IT environment. This individual will be responsible for supporting the portfolio of business applications, managing project oversight, risk management, data privacy, integrity, and security as well as lead TFI in the transformation and implementation of best practices for the management of IT. The Director of IT will deliver solutions to align TFI’s cross-functional business objectives and priorities to benefit the staff and constituents who visit, donate, participate in, and support the work of the Franklin Institute.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing the IT team.
● Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred; or equivalent field experience.
● 10 years of experience in progressively responsible IT positions. Preferably in non-profit environments.
● Experience leading cross-functional enterprise-level application and data analytic initiatives including CRM and ERP. Retail, sales, and/or fundraising experience a plus.
● Ability to influence and positively motivate others; proven success and effective negotiation and relationship building skills.
● Proven experience as a digital pathfinder and change agent.
● Experience in IT financial management and budget forecasting, with a successful track record of direct responsibility in managing annual IT budgets of at least $1M.
● Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
● Thorough knowledge of information technology including hybrid cloud environments, virtualized computing systems, network operation systems, Office 365, cyber security, PCI, and information privacy and security.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generation Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
How to apply:
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.