Director - Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Looking for an IT Director to lead and continually assess and improve our IT function. This role will establish and have oversight to the IT strategy, strategic planning, and governance processes to ensure the team can deliver value in alignment with the business strategies and goals. The ideal candidate will be a working leader with both tactical and strategic skills. This role must be able to understand the needs of our manufacturing processes and then manage the IT staff to deliver a product that meets or exceeds expectations. As a key member of the leadership team, this role requires a strong team player who embraces and models company values and proactively assesses, plans and implements solutions to support business growth and expansion.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall development, design and management of company's Dynamics NAV ERP system and associated third party addons.
- Manage the organization's projects involving the Dynamics NAV ERP system, ERP upgrades to Business Central and third-party add-on implementation.
- Manage the design and implementation of the ERP system across new international and domestic sites to include multiple languages, currencies and tax systems.
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, onboarding and training of team members, and coaching, counseling, and performance of IT team members.
- Develop and comply with the departmental budget.
- Work closely with decision-makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
- Oversee the development and maintenance of IT policies, procedures, methodologies, tools for operating IT, and performance measurement frameworks to standardize, simplify and strengthen core/foundational operations
- Establish and implement continuous-improvement programs for the IT organization.
- Monitor the security of data and systems. Assure the integrity and reliability of information and communications systems. Develop and monitor plans for organizational systems backup, recovery and risk management. Responsible for development of business continuation plans in case of failures, disasters or other disruptions to information systems and services.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field of study, MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience leading large and complex IT projects
- 7+ years' experience leading an IT department
- High-level knowledge and understanding of Corporate IT Infrastructure
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT vendors, and IT systems and their specifications
- 10+ years' experience configuring, maintaining, documenting and supporting a company's ERP system; Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics NAV experience a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing, accounting and supply chain processes required
- Strong leader who can motivate and guide high potential team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of organization from team leaders to front line manufacturing team members
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Extensive understanding of IT and practical applications to support organizational goals
For information on this position, or other positions of interest, call Rachel Sharp at 605-800-4107, or confidentially submit your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.