Community College of Philadelphia
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Director of Human Resources provides leadership for HR policies and programs with an emphasis on the talent acquisition, performance management, and HRIS areas, while ensuring that the College is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. In addition, this position works closely with the AVP of Human Resources in managing employee relations; and developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies and programs to ensure maximum service delivery to internal and external stakeholders. The Director also serves as a resource to employees and supervisors concerning talent management and related systems and processes.
• Provide oversight of the talent acquisition, performance management, and HRIS functions for faculty and staff to ensure efficient operations and attainment of strategic goals and objectives.
• Assist the AVP in the development of HR strategic goals, objectives and metrics.
• Provide leadership, direction and guidance to direct reports.
• Monitor human resources policies, procedures and programs to ensure consistency with the college's policies and procedures, and mission.
• Provide advice and direction to supervisors with regard to grievances, disciplinary actions, and other employee relations matters.
• Manage and provide oversight for faculty human resources functions, including annual contract renewals, sabbaticals, salary calculations (initial, new year, and other required adjustments), promotions, etc.
• Conduct internal investigations as assigned by Associate Vice President, Human Resources.
• Assist managers in the development of job descriptions and classification of staff positions; maintaining an up-to-date electronic bank of job descriptions for administrative and classified/confidential positions.
• Manage processes and systems related to performance/talent management, including probationary and annual administrative and classified/confidential performance evaluations.
• Develop and implement the department's annual Talent Acquisition Plan to ensure well-qualified and diverse applicant pools.
• Perform research on best practices, current trends on HR issues and compile results and recommendations; gathering data and reviewing reports to drive results and make data-driven decisions.
• Stay abreast of trends, laws and regulations, best practices and technologies related to assigned areas.
• Serve on cross-functional teams, as directed.
• Oversee data reporting requests and the completion of wage and salary surveys and ensure the accuracy of data provided.
• Provide recommendations and assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies, procedures, and programs.
• Assist the Associate Vice President, Human Resources with special projects.
• Advise departments regarding HR policies/procedures and proper interpretation of the CBA and related processes.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of six (6) years of related HR experience required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of HR management experience required.
• Strong leadership, customer-orientation and collaboration skills required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities required.
• Knowledgeable of best practices within the human resources field required.
• Knowledgeable of applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations required.
• Strong problem resolution and communication skills required.
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using an HRIS system, such as Ellucian Banner, required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business or related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous HR management experience in unionized environment preferred.
• Previous HR experience in higher education preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
Salary commensurate with relevant work experience
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a Master's degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business, or a related field?
- * Do you have a minimum of six (6) years of related HR experience?
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of HR management experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency using an HRIS system, such as Ellucian Banner?
- * Do you have HR experience within a unionized environment?
- * Do you have previous HR experience in higher education?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application