With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Director, Global ComOps Finance leads the global finance business partner team in providing financial insight and decision support to the Global Commercial Operations functions/leaders including Executive Vice President, Global Commercial Operations, SVP of Global Commercial Development, SVP of Global Healthcare Policy & External Affairs and VP of Global Business Operations. Support provided will include the development of the long-range demand and revenue forecast, operational and strategic pricing support, creation of in-depth analysis of competitor and CSL Behring’s product portfolio and development pipelines, the utilization of advanced probabilistic forecast models and global plasma economics analytics.
In addition, the Director, Global ComOps Finance will lead the Commercial Operations Financial Planning & Analysis Center of Excellence (FP&A COE). Specific responsibilities include the consolidation and analysis of Global ComOps sales volumes and revenue, gross margin, revenue per litre, operating expenses, receivables, and headcount/FTE. This includes preparation of accurate, timely and quality month-end Executive Package and Corporate narrative reporting. The incumbent must also lead or actively support short and long term scenario modelling, advanced analytics projects, technology roll-outs (SAP BPC, Qliksense), and process/capability improvement initiatives critical to drive business performance.
The role requires a close coordination with Controlling & Reporting, Region and Country Controllers, and Investor Relations, and has responsibility for ensuring Commercial Finance requirements and deadlines are met in support of the month-end close process, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1- Provides financial and decision support to Global Commercial Functions and leaders including Executive VP, Global ComOps, SVP Global Commercial Development, SVP Global Healthcare Policy and VP Global Business Operations. Ad-hoc analysis and evaluates business opportunities (contracts, tenders) in conjunction with the Sr. VP/GM North America. Interacts with Global Com Ops HQ, Com Ops and Group Finance, and ensures approval from Com Ops and Group Finance for business that includes extended payment terms.
2- Lead the development of complex, strategic financial analyses including forecast models for the commercial assessment of inline, pipeline, and life cycle programs, global plasma analytics, long-term demand and revenue forecasts, global floor price, Revenue per Liter (RPL) and Gross Margin performance by brand and therapeutic area.
3- Lead the execution of global Commercial Operations financial planning, analysis and review process, working directly with the Executive VP, Commercial Operations and COLT to assist in making effective business decisions and understanding the factors that drive financial results.
4- In collaboration with Controlling & Reporting and Region Finance teams, provide comprehensive verbal and written variance analysis versus plan (Annual Budget, 5 Year Forecast). Communicate issues, challenge processes and decisions, identify risks and opportunities, model scenarios, and monitor implementation.
5- Support the preparation of semi-annual Analyst Data packages and other ad-hoc requests from CSL Controlling & Reporting and Investor Relations as needed.
6- Orchestrate the ComOps financial planning process, publish internal Global ComOps timetables, and coordinate with Group Finance, Investor Relations and Commercial Operations to meet published timelines and required content.
7- Perform ad-hoc analyses and various volume, sales, gross margin, revenue per liter, balanced liters, OPEX/FTE reporting for key business partners (Executive Vice President, Com Ops; Com Dev TA Leads) as needed.
Lead and participate in global functional and cross-functional process and technology projects that drive productivity and deliver operational excellence.
9- As a member of the Extended Finance Leadership Team, support delivery of the Finance Strategy and have collective ownership for Global Finance team development initiatives.
10- Lead and develop members of the KOP ComOps finance team, deliver training that builds business acumen, manage performance with a focus on accountability and meeting goals and objectives while role modeling CSL Values.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline; Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Business Analytics desirable.
• Professional certification (e.g., CFA or CMA) preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in financial planning and analysis, including management of people and processes.
- Solid understanding of strategic financial planning including revenue and operating expense, as well as strong background in bio-pharma industry commercial operations.
- Proven advanced competencies with MS Excel; SAP BPC or other EPM software; and Qlik or similar data visualization applications. Familiarity with CRM and/or Tender Management applications desirable
- The job requires multi-cultural and cross-functional interaction, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to construct forecast models by applying a wide variety of statistical, mathematical, and probabilistic techniques.
- Builds a comprehensive body of evidence when creating insights and solutions.
- Ensures cross-functional data from different sources is accurate and consistent.
- Challenges and qualifies business partner assumptions.
- Able to present compelling arguments to support positions using data, facts and sound assumptions.
- Generates multiple options to solve a problem and delivers insightful business scenarios via stories that successfully convey product or service value.
- Pioneers Big Data and Artificial Intelligence applications to solving business problems.
- Presents complex findings using compelling visual aids.
- Articulates views in a clear and concise manner while listening to feedback, is sensitive to cross cultural differences, and provides persuasive messages using well-reasoned arguments to address audience concerns or reactions.
- Establishes productive relationships, builds trust with business partners, and pushes the thinking of internal business partners.