With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The role has global responsibility for the product lifecycle of IT Service Management tools across CSL group, including ServiceNow; remote support tools; virtual assistants; customer satisfaction survey; dashboards; password reset. They will act as internal System Owner, own the technology roadmap, drive enhancements, manage lifecycle upgrades and support innovation aimed at improving the support experience enjoyed by our colleagues. They will support the automation of manual processes through the development of digital workflows. Technical delivery is outsourced so this role provides internal oversight and direction to service providers in the delivery of these services to CSL.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Establish and manage the technology roadmap, working with key stakeholders within I&T and the business. Communicate and ensure ongoing awareness of the roadmap, ensuring alignment with the overall Digital Workplace objectives and strategy/roadmap, including:
- Pivot to a continuous delivery model where solutions are always up-to-date and new features quickly available to bring value to our colleagues;
- Shape the technical strategy, roadmap and product development;
- Drive innovation and the delivery of a superior employee experience through our technology;
- Take responsibility for the end-to-end development cycle;
- Create, communicate, and execute the multi-month roadmap and strategy to achieve the technology goals;
- Deeply understand the needs of developers, customers, and partners through regular interactions and quantitative and qualitative research;
- Own and manage the technical debt and prioritize product enhancements, partner, and customer requests by using sound judgment and decisive tradeoff;
- Maintain awareness of industry and technology trends and continuously review roadmaps against new opportunities to improve the employee experience.
Management and development of the technology solutions, delivering continuous improvements for the organization, providing secure, reliable and scalable solutions, including:
- Manage the day-to-day performance and relationship with partners, identifying and implementing improvements, to hit KPI targets;
- Ensure system and application data have complete and proven recovery mechanisms (backups/restore/archival);
- Ensure systems have an appropriate level of resilience depending on its business use;
- Ensure system performance and capacity is (at least) adequate for the business needs;
- Ensure system complies with defined global standards, the group I&T security policy, I&T business continuity plan and quality management framework. Own system documentation;
- Apply best practice to all aspects of IT service delivery, in line with CSL standards;
- Manage change according to established change control procedures and work closely with the Service Management team on scheduling their release into productive environments in-line with the change management process.
Projects and Business Change
Drive and manage change for enhancements to existing technologies and provide consultation and resource for larger I&T strategic projects, including:
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships by assessing their interests, influence and potential impact to the technology area;
- Orchestrate significant changes across vendors, service providers and internal delivery teams;
- Delivery of solutions that are identified within the Digital Workplace program;
- Manage the workload and enhancements from within the business as BAU process improvements considered as minor enhancements;
- Agree and manage change requests that are required for security, stability and scalability of the solutions;
- Ensure all projects are transitioned to BAU smoothly with an appropriate plan and roll-back in place;
- Ensure all system documentation is kept up to date and relevant;
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders on status of projects/changes.
Ensure that the team (including non-employees) are trained and complying with the appropriate regulatory guidelines (e.g. cGMP), global I&T procedures, I&T standards, I&T practices and Computer Systems Validation methodology as defined by QMS (global I&T Quality Management System) and based upon the application business function. Ensure audit findings are closed within agreed timelines.
Participate, as assigned in the annual budgeting process (Opex and Capex), periodic forecasting activities, on-going expense management (ensuring compliance with delegation of authority limits), project cost tracking and capital recovery process. Develop capital expenditure proposals and cost I&T projects as required.
Responsible, in conjunction with the Vendor Management Office (when applicable), for managing the Service Provider performance as it relates to the delivery of the specific technologies.
Maintain a working knowledge of current technologies and best practices related to the technology area. Provide technical leadership, propose and assess design solutions, evaluate vendor technology and consider industry trends and future requirements as defined in the Infrastructure roadmap.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent; education preferably concentrated in IT, Engineering or Science; Master degree preferred
- 7+ years' relevant IT experience
- Experience operating with outsourced service providers in an international context
- Experience managing IT projects within a global environment
- Deep understanding of and practical experience of the specific technology area
- Experience of an enterprise-level service ServiceNow implementations in a comparable organization or equal demonstrated experience
- Industry experience and familiarity with API design, programming languages and web and mobile application architectures of software-as-a-service products
- Demonstrated experience in developing product roadmaps and functional specifications, launching new products, conducting customer research, and informing user testing
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office products, such as Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, and Visio
- Knowledgeable with all aspects of the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) and agile methodologies
- Experience of a highly regulated IT environment or good documentation culture, including formal change management processes
- ITIL qualified, or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience
Preferred Skills & Experience (not required):
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical industry preferable
Worker Sub Type: