You are a product designer who thrives on using your creative powers to increase accessibility to pivotal resources. You see systematic inefficiencies as an opportunity for growth and are excited to work toward a more equitable solution. You are driven by a desire to help your community and country, humbled to be serving government agencies that solve real-world problems for everyday Americans. From sketching low-fidelity flows to supporting feature releases with polished prototypes, you have confidence in solving short-term needs and setting the course on long-term initiatives.
Our team is bringing aboard strong partners who seek feedback, collaborate well with cross-disciplinary teams, and take creative direction with grace and maturity. Whether time is on your side or the deadline is tight, you're ready to work with other designers to bring user-first solutions to the digital drawing board - making the smart, industry-advancing design decisions for which Deloitte Digital is known.
If you have a desire to be part of a digital marketing and product delivery agency backed by Deloitte Digital with a great work life balance and limited travel, consider joining our Deloitte Digital US Delivery Center team - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
At Deloitte's US Delivery Center (USDC) we help clients achieve a higher level of service in operational efficiency and business value. The USDC leverages scale, talent, and a center delivery model to provide high quality, cost-effective service with standardized processes and procedures. Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Our delivery centers are based in Mechanicsburg, PA, Lake Mary, FL and Gilbert, AZ.
The USDC Deloitte Studios Team
We are a collection of artists, analysts, engineers, writers, makers, designers, and dreamers. Sitting within our Digital Customer and Advertising, Marketing, and Commerce (AM&C) offerings, we bring together our Digital Experience Capabilities and our Advertising/Marketing teams into a new kind of Creative agency. From our US Delivery Centers , we work collaboratively with our consulting counterparts to design, develop, and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape, and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our Center is home to a multitude of specialists ranging from systems designers, architects, and integrators, to creative digital experts and Human Capital professionals. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation, and developing knowledge with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
Role You'll Play:
- Create strong visual designs (mockups, wireframes, prototypes) that are on brand for our clients and follow a project's creative vision and business strategy while putting the user first
- Act as a contributing designer on projects, working with design leads to present work across the design, UX, and development teams
- Collaborate with other designers on the team to support ongoing initiatives across the project lifecycle including launch of new MVPs and prototypes OR feature updates and maintenance releases of established products
- Collaborate with other groups like developers, engagement managers and UX designers to deliver high-quality creative for both internal and client-facing projects
- Work on projects of varying length and complexity
- Contribute to improvements in our creative process and capabilities
Required Qualifications - What you bring:
- A related education or background in visual design, with a focus in designing for web or mobile applications
- A strong visual portfolio that demonstrates your personal style
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interest in collaborating cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, clients, and end-users.
- Experience and ability to work in a variety of digital focused design applications like Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, and inVision
- Knowledge of how design systems are used for enterprise level experiences
- Knowledge of agile methodology principles and iterative product development
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and techniques for designing web application experiences
- Familiarity with iOS and Android mobile app design, including Material Design and Apple's Human Interface Design guidelines
- Ability to take feedback and use it to improve your work
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA
Preferred Qualifications- Bonus Points if you have:
- Ability to use motion tools like Adobe After Effects, Principle for Mac, and Framer to communicate interaction design and motion
- Experience creating or working with atomic design component libraries
- Experience creating icons and other custom illustrations for experiences
- Experience in defining the information architecture for digital experiences
- Curiosity for emerging technology / design trends, tools and methods
- Curiosity to learn from others, and a passion for learning and pursuing your craft
- Participation in the wider design community and connections with creative organizations such as AIGA, Creative Mornings, etc.