At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation
portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives
for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of
ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful
career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary,
incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a
place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at
Design construction drawings via CAD, plan via Passport, and initiate work packages for work to be
performed on distribution facilities by the Overhead, Underground, and contractor departments.
Perform field engineering and provide designs to respond to both internal and external customers.
Performing an emergency response function and being on call is also required.
1. Promote a safe work environment. Collaborate and communicate with construction personnel,
customers and other utilities.
2. Demonstrated proficiency on the design on conduit systems, vaults, high rises and other complex
work. Prepare overhead and underground work order designs that include the application of Exelon
design and construction standards. This includes the request application for right of way, easements, and
3. Design and plan all work via CAD & AS8 /Passport, including but not limited to performing a field
assessment, ordering material, scheduling equipment delivery, making arrangements for line interruptions
including notifications, consulting with construction personnel, and adhering to the Work Management
Process for construction scheduling.
4. Respond to customer needs for service by providing designs and furnishing cost estimates based on
Company standard rates and specifications.
5. Review proposed governmental agency improvements to determine electrical facility modifications.
6. Apply the latest company programs (AS8 / Passport, P3, CAD, TED) to improve the efficiency of
work task production.
7. Respond to emergency call outs and perform emergency response functions as required (screener,
dispatcher, analyst, etc.) Analyze emergency information and provide support as required.
8. Train and mentor less experienced designers. Review designs and recommend corrections. Adherence
to procedures and practices is promoted through ongoing discussions concerning the designer's prints
(notes, sketch, permits, etc.).
Position Requirements: Minimum
1. Proven experience in design or construction.
2. Proven experience reading construction design plans.
3. Ability to work independently and as a team member, including the ability to handle conflicting
priorities and to multitask.
4. Strong Interpersonal, time management, and oral/written communication skills.
5. Valid driver's license required.
6. High school diploma or GED.
7. Ability to pass any applicable tests.
Position Requirements: Preferred
1. Associates degree in an electrical field or equivalent course work in electrical or construction field
(satisfactory completion of company Elementary Electrical Engineering series courses, or college
2. Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology (preferably Electrical).
3. Experience as a principle designer, or equivalent experience.
4. General knowledge of construction terminology.
5. Experience with CAD program(s).
6. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected
by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster