The dental support specialist shall support the dental director with verbal and written communication to guardians, agencies and specialty providers, vendors and interdepartmental personnel for the express goal of smooth and seamless regulatory care management of our patients. In addition, shall be responsible for transfer of patient services information to computer database for the creation of reports. Will also act as liaison between Woods Dental Department and academic institutions for management of student participation in Woods externship program.
- Implementation of dental director’s recommendations for on and off campus patient treatment needs. Includes the initial telephone contact to guardians with clear written documentation of the communication outcome. Knowledge and understanding of proper dental terminology is essential. In addition, all necessary paperwork from various off campus providers must be obtained, reviewed and carefully completed to achieve satisfactory regulatory outcomes.
- Collaborate with unit nurses for completion of pre- treatment medical requirements in preparation for off campus specialty treatment. Shall be responsible for the timeliness of nursing response and follow-up.
- Generate and maintain all departmental correspondence requested by dental director utilizing excellent writing skills.
- Maintain and oversee inventory tracking systems, keep current all purchase order requisitions. Direct incoming invoices for goods and services to accounts payable as needed after obtaining director approval. Keep current dental equipment warranty files and oversee the maintenance manual for all dental equipment, safety monitoring devices and requests made to facilities department for maintenance and repairs.
- Update and maintain the Dental Department office manual to keep in compliance with the guidelines set by the CDC and ADA/PDA, including logging MSDS sheets for new materials purchased by dental.
- Track and maintain patient visits and breakdown by program. Keep log of daily dental procedures, utilizing database and report writing programs (Access and Excel) on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Generate reports as needed.
- Facilitate and maintain documentation and communications for on going student rotation schedules with Dental university affiliations. Assist dental director with academic projects requiring knowledge of Power Point.
- Have a working knowledge of duties of dental secretary and dental clinical staff for additional support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preserve and maintain confidentiality at all times.