Job Title: Dental Assistant
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19104
Duration: 4 Months
- The Dental Assistant is responsible for performing selected dental duties that assist in patient care management.
- This includes preparing for patient hours by setting up rooms and stocking supplies, taking x-rays and performing clinical procedures as directed by the Providers.
- Additional responsibilities include updating the patient chart after appointments, equipment sterilization, patient scheduling, and taking photos.
- Provide brief description of four or five separate responsibilities (not tasks or activities): Rooms patient. Provides synopsis of patient, current status and any change or problems experienced by the patient and communicates any pertinent patient information to Provider.
- Assists Provider in all clinical procedures including but not limited to obtaining X-rays, hands on assisting, and/or orthodontic related needs.
- Provides patient with instructions for At Home Care and demonstrates Oral Hygiene.
- Sets up all rooms prior to patient hours, stocking, and preparing materials and supplies.
- Wipe down rooms after each patient encounter, ensuring proper infection control.
- Ensures all patient safety items are met (i.e. cabinets locked, medications stored away, no items stored under sinks, etc.) General office duties including daily check of AED machine.
- Weekly inspection of Eye Wash Station; check inventory and order low stocked items, discarding expired items; Flush exam room lines and thoroughly wipe down the rooms.
- Regularly cleans X-ray unit and cleans developer monthly. Sterilization process including maintain room temperature log, using proper sterilization techniques to sterilize instruments used during the day or left in the sink from prior usage.
- Testing and cleaning the sterilizer as required. Submits required survey information (i.e. hand hygiene, 2 patient identifier) on a monthly basis.
- May assist in the scheduling of outpatient visits and surgeries. Creates referral shells and verifies insurance participation.
- Contacts insurance companies for authorizations and pre-certifications. Assists with patient hours by checking patients in and collecting co-pays when necessary.
- High School/GED. Formal training as a Dental Assistant
- 1-3 years' experience. Preferred: 1-3 years' experience in a pediatric environment.
- Radiology Certification
- CPR Certification
- GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- INFECTION CONTROL
- DENTAL ASSISTANT
- CPR CERTIFIED